Toddler Day out: Sunshine’s craft cafe in Warrington

sunshine's craft cafe latchford mum and toddler

Today, I met up with my lovely friend E. who adores crafts and her little girl for a little playdate and coffee. I’ve heard through the grapevine that there was a new craft cafe in Latchford, Warrington so we went to check it out.

We went for a walk with the little ones in a nearby park and afterwards, popped into Sunshine’s craft cafe for a hot drink. It’s always a delight discovering new places that are kid friendly and can accommodate your pram.

sunshine's craft cafe latchford

sunshine's craft cafe latchford

sunshine's craft cafe latchford

sunshine's craft cafe latchford toddler

Sunshine’s craft cafe is very spacious, and we had lots of room for the prams. You can choose to sit in the comfy seats and read some of the magazines on the coffee table or pick a table and chairs. We ordered some hot drinks, tea cake and toast and some steamed milk for the children.

sunshine's craft cafe latchford

Both little girls loved running around and playing with the building blocks from the little play area. They were delighted to find some balloons to play with, too.

sunshine's craft cafe latchford toddler playing

The cafe offers a variety of crafts including pottery and painting and we picked up some flyers for upcoming workshops.

sunshine's craft cafe latchford mum and toddler

sunshine's craft cafe latchford

And, I loved seeing E. and having a good chinwag with her. Places like Sunshine’s offer us a little escape from being “mummy, mummy mummy, muummm!” for an hour or so. When you become a parent, you really get to appreciate a hot cuppa. Especially, since most of the time, you only get to your cuppa after it’s gone cold.

We loved the uplifting, friendly atmosphere. The simple joys of having your coffee while it’s still hot; watching the children play filled my heart. I can’t wait to go back.

Do you have a craft cafe in your area? What’s your favourite place to take your kids for a coffee and a babycchino? Comment below or tweet me @fabulousmummy1 xx

The Pramshed

Brilliant blog posts on

1. October 25, 2017 / 9:02 pm

A hot drink is always well appreciated you’re right! This looks like a lovely café 🙂

2. Victoria October 25, 2017 / 9:06 pm

Thank you for commenting! You don’t realise the luxury of a hot drink and a uninterrupted conversation 😀 I’m so happy we found this cute little cafe x

3. October 25, 2017 / 9:17 pm

No, we don’t have a craft cafe in our area at all. In fact, this is the first time I’ve heard of one and I think it’s a fab idea! This is perfect for mums with little ones especially when the weather is bad.

4. Victoria October 25, 2017 / 9:25 pm

I was never aware of them, before kids. Now, with an active toddler, I have started appreciating local child friendly cafes like Sunshine’s. AND they allow prams in. Double win. Thank you for commenting xx

5. October 26, 2017 / 12:35 am

We have something a little similar here where I live, but they do not serve cappuccinos! However, a few weeks ago, my best friend and I went to a family night at this cafe and got to paint our own pottery masterpieces. They served pizza, but we had to bring our own drinks. Coffee and crafting should definitely be a thing here! Spending time with your kids just being creative is a great way to spend a day! Can you talk to this cafe into moving stateside? 😉

• Victoria October 26, 2017 / 1:20 pm

haha I will ask them 🙂 It’s amazing isn’t it. Before kids, I would have never thought going to a family friendly cafe would be a nice relaxing time.

6. October 26, 2017 / 6:32 am

Aw what a lovely place! We’ve got a similar place near me 🙂

• Victoria October 26, 2017 / 1:20 pm

It’s brilliant isn’t it? Kids are happy, mums are happy win win. xx

7. October 26, 2017 / 9:38 am

Aw what a lovely idea! Hot drinks & crafts sounds fabulous! x

• Victoria October 26, 2017 / 1:21 pm

thank you for commenting. Hot drinks are a rare treat, so we love family friendly cafes 🙂

8. October 26, 2017 / 9:55 am

I wish we had a craft cafe here – this looks absolutely lovely!

• Victoria October 26, 2017 / 1:22 pm

Awe, thank you. I’m so glad we found it!

9. October 26, 2017 / 1:19 pm

Ah this looks fab! It’s also not too far from us, we’re just in Manchester 🙂 #brillblogposts

• Victoria October 26, 2017 / 1:24 pm

Brill! I used to live in Manchester for 8 years. Im always pleasantly surprised how many nice places you can find in the area xx

10. October 26, 2017 / 3:43 pm

That looks like a lot of fun! We have a ceramics cafe like that near us. Unfortunately the ceramics can be very expensive!

• October 30, 2017 / 9:38 am

Yes, they can be I suppose. I have some hand prints and baubles done when the toddler was still a baby though, for family as a special gift. It’s nice to look at those tiny feet and hands now. But I won’t be doing any for a while 🙂 thanks for commenting xx

11. October 26, 2017 / 6:18 pm

I have been to Warrington a few times. Will look out for this cafe when next I am in the area. Looks fantastic.

• October 30, 2017 / 9:39 am

Thank you Stella! Im always presently surprised how many child friendly cafes are in the area. Give us a shout if you are next time and we can have a chin wag and a coffee with the babies xx

12. October 27, 2017 / 10:00 am

A craft cafe has opened recently in our town . It’s great!! Crafting , coffee and cake is the perfect combination 🙂

• October 30, 2017 / 9:39 am

So lovely, isn’t it? thanks for commenting xx

• October 30, 2017 / 9:40 am

I always walked past these, pre babies. Now, its a match made in heaven, distraction for the baby, hot drinks for mummy xx

13. October 27, 2017 / 9:39 pm

I wish I had something like this near me #fortheloveofblog

• Victoria October 30, 2017 / 9:44 am

Ohh, you never know. Sometimes, I look in the local paper or on social media when I notice people check into local cafes or places 🙂 thank you for commenting x

• Victoria October 30, 2017 / 9:43 am

You never know, is there a local paper or one of those “tigger” magazines for mums? That’s how I found some of the kid friendly cafes and activities in my area. thanks for commenting xx

14. October 28, 2017 / 11:06 pm

Oh wow what a cool cafe and so family friendly as well, bet is has some amazing workshops and I love the interior.

Laura x

• Victoria October 30, 2017 / 9:42 am

Thanks for commenting, Laura, I can’t wait to go back xx

• October 30, 2017 / 9:41 am

Awe, thank you Vicki for taking the time to comment 🙂 Agree, all of them should be but its particularly nice to be able to take your pram in xx

15. October 30, 2017 / 7:40 pm

This place looks so lovely. We have various ceramic painting places around where we live but not a craft cafe, I love that floral picture. Having a go at making that would be really fun. Looks like you had a lovely trip out. Thanks so much for sharing with #fortheloveofBLOG

• Victoria November 10, 2017 / 11:51 am

right? BK (before kids) I used to just walk past such type of cafes. Now, I am thinking “where have you bene all my life” its such a good combination play area plus hot drinks for grown ups. thanks for commenting xx

16. Taslyn Russell
    November 10, 2017 / 9:58 pm

This looks like so much fun would love to take my daughter.