It’s hard being a working mother

mum and baby

I’m not going to lie.

My mum always used to say to me that you can have a career. Or you can have a baby.

I really don’t believe that we live in a time where its it’s either or.

That doesn’t mean that I never get overwhelmed or anxious. Being a working parent is hard!

When I was on mat leave, my work never kept in touch and I was quickly forgotten. They only got in touch to tell me that my role was being put at risk.

Upon returning into the working world, I soon realised that finding the right work life balance was like winning the lottery.

It takes a village to raise a baby.

[clickToTweet tweet=”It takes a village to raise a baby. Is being a working parent all that it’s made out to be? ” quote=”It takes a village to raise a baby”]

And I don’t regret going back work. I like being a positive role model for my daughter.

But sometimes, I can’t help but feel overstretched. Like, I’m not giving enough attention to everything.

I really believe that I will find growth only at the end of my comfort zone.

So, this is where I am. It never stops being hard, but I believe it’ll be worth it.

Are you a working parent and how are you finding it? Comment below or take it to Twitter  xx

Bringing up Georgia

1. October 7, 2017 / 5:04 pm

I think you have to do whatever is right for you and your family. It is not easy, but one day your will realise it has all clicked into place.

• Victoria October 7, 2017 / 7:47 pm

Thank you Ali! You’re right. Only when you look back you can see how the dots connect. Thank you for commenting x

2. October 8, 2017 / 2:03 am

I am the go to work mom in a two momma house. I am insanely jealous of the time I miss, the activities, the mom banter… yet I go to work for the family. Someone has to! 🙁 It’s hard no matter which way it works, and it is glorious too! Trying to practice gratefulness. #fortheloveofBLOG xo

• Victoria October 9, 2017 / 1:15 pm

Lisa, You hit a nerve there. Being grateful for what we have and seeing the bigger picture is so important. xoxo

3. October 9, 2017 / 12:48 pm

It’s so hard that feeling where you feel like you can’t give your all to one thing and are too thinly spread. I suppose we just have to plod along and do what feels right and hope it all comes together somewhere down the line!! #fortheloveofBLOG

• Victoria October 9, 2017 / 1:17 pm

I think my biggest realisation is that I can’t do it all. And that’s ok. Having a family, is like running a well oiled machine, lots of different parts needed for it to function. And I want to show my daughter that she can have a family and a career. Thank you so much for commenting lovely xx

4. October 17, 2017 / 8:19 pm

I have noticed that your page needs some fresh content. Writing manually takes a lot
    of time, but there is tool for this boring task, search for; Wrastain’s tools for content
    MonteX recently posted…MonteXMy Profile